Harness the divine within you and join us for an evening celebrating the queer Kings and Queens and everyone in between we have in our fam. Audio Jack will be spinning classics by royalty from Sade to Badu to Bey for an uplifting evening of self love and community connection. The dance floor is a place for radical healing and resistance!
Our community flash philanthropy funds this month will go to the families of two young women, Takiya and Kanari, who were both shot in the head Feb 11 within hours of each other, and both remain in critical condition. At this time of uncertainty, we want to support their families in as many ways as we can as her medical bills grow and the cost to their families rise. You can make a donation at the DJ table and it will go directly to the families, or you can support either crowdfunding campaigns:
Community care is crucial. These girls are fighting for their lives. Every dollar counts.
Slo ‘Mo is Chicago’s party for lovers with Kristen Kaza and Audio Jack, spinning R&B, soul, hip hop, jazz and funk from the seventies to today. Slo ‘Mo is a party that unites people of all identities, bodies and expressions through the celebration of slow jams and community. Parties take place throughout Chicago including its monthly residency the third Thursday of each month at the Whistler, a wheelchair accessible space.
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best Dance Party — Chicago Reader 2015
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best LGBQ Dance Party — Chicago Reader 2014
- Winner: Kristen Kaza — Best Party Promoter — Chicago Reader 2014
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best of Logan Square — Time Out Chicago 2014
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best Queer Dance Party — Chicago Magazine 2013
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best Party Beyond Boystown — Time Out Chicago 2013