This Thursday we celebrate SEVEN years of slow jams and queer community connection at the Whistler! Happy Anniversary, family. Jack is performing special anniversary show and we have a one-time-only SURPRISE in store.
At Slo ‘Mo parties we aim to create a welcoming space for ALL who are here for LGBTQ+ joy and affirmation. We take the responsibility to heart and thank you for honoring your part in this collaborative process & experience too. Thursday we toast to expansion of queer love and inclusion of our ever growing family. Hugs, kisses, cake (and surprises) await!
Slo ‘Mo is Chicago’s party for lovers. Hosted by Kristen Kaza with grooves by Audio Jack, Slo ‘Mo celebrates the music of Anita Baker, Sade, Frank Ocean, SWV, D’Angelo, Janet Jackson, Prince, Raphael Saadiq, Isley Brothers, Maxwell, Mary J Blige and many others.
Slo ‘Mo’s monthly residency at The Whistler takes place on the third Thursdays and welcomes people of all identities, bodies and expressions uniting under the equal opportunistic style of soul music.
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best Dance Party — Chicago Reader 2015
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best LGBQ Dance Party — Chicago Reader 2014
- Winner: Kristen Kaza — Best Party Promoter — Chicago Reader 2014
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best of Logan Square — Time Out Chicago 2014
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best Queer Dance Party — Chicago Magazine 2013
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best Party Beyond Boystown — Time Out Chicago 2013