November Slo ‘Mo gets spicy with DJ [X]P joining Audio Jack on the decks for special flavors of Latin trap and pop and reggaeton mixed in with r&b. Meet you on the dance floor for that Bad Bunny Energy!
BAD BUNNY is a Puerto Rican Latin trap and reggaeton singer and activist. Called the “modern icon the queer latino community needs right now” by Mitu, Bad Bunny has been a vocal advocate of LGBTQ people and breaking gender norms. We’ll be playing music that has inspired his sound and other artists from the latin music cannon spanning genre and generation.
DJ [X]P specializes in spinning Latin bass, hip hop, and club music. He was born in Texas, grew up in Florida, and now resides in Chicago. XP often performs at the Berlin Nightclub, including his residency with queer Latinx party Duro, as well as other events and venues across the city.
Slo ‘Mo is Chicago’s parties for lovers produced by Kristen Kaza, featuring a rotation of LGBTQ+ & allied DJs playing R&B, soul, hip hop, jazz and funk from the seventies to today. Slo ‘Mo is a party that welcomes people of all identities, bodies and expressions through the celebration of music and LGBTQ+ community. No homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, ableism or other hateful or harmful behavior will be tolerated.
Slo ‘Mo’s monthly residency at The Whistler takes place on the third Thursdays and welcomes people of all identities, bodies and expressions uniting under the equal opportunistic style of soul music.
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best Dance Party — Chicago Reader 2015
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best LGBQ Dance Party — Chicago Reader 2014
- Winner: Kristen Kaza — Best Party Promoter — Chicago Reader 2014
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best of Logan Square — Time Out Chicago 2014
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best Queer Dance Party — Chicago Magazine 2013
- Winner: Slo ‘Mo — Best Party Beyond Boystown — Time Out Chicago 2013